Bug fixes and feature enhancements
ESP8266 code v0.34
- Better mDNS handling. Avoids a bug with Wemo devices and Home Assistant discovery, and provides better device info via mDNS announcements. Also add ability to toggle mDNS on/off.
- Add serial debug output toggle to admin page (enabled by default). It’s not doing you much good while the device is mounted in your wall anyway.
- Add telnet debug output toggle to admin page (disabled by default). Open telnet on port 23 and show all debug output to one attached client. Client can send commands which will be sent to Nextion panel, so the project is now also a Nextion-to-Telnet gateway too. No user authentication, so this service is disabled by default.
Home Assistant Automations
- Changed weather automations to utilize new name for ‘met.no’ after breaking change in Home Assistant 0.85.0+
- Fixed a dumb error causing the Page 7 alarm panel automations to not work right at all
- Move motion sensor automation to “hasp-examples” as it requires modified hardware and most people won’t be using it
ESP8266 Update Procedure
If you’re using the AutoFirmwareUpdate automation your devices should pull this update at 3:00am. Otherwise, log into the admin web page and you can pull the update from the firmware page.
Home Assistant Update Procedure
deployhasp.sh script to pull down the updated automations using one of the guides below:
Links for more HASP info
- Main documentation page
- Buy HASwitchPlate PCBs - strongly recommended for safe assembly. Buy them from me or download the gerbers and send them to your favorite short-run PCB fab.
- Buy an assembled device ready to install if the build process seems intimidating
- HASwitchPlate Discord chat
- HASwitchPlate Reddit community