Some minor fixes for various issues brought up by the user community.
ESP8266 code v0.33
- Increase max MQTT message size to 4k
command/jsonMQTT command. Send a JSON array in the message payload like
["dim=5", "page 1"]and each item in the array will be executed as an individual command. This allows batching up several commands into one message, which may improve performance. Message size is limited to 4k.
- Better input validation on web forms (thanks @m14t!)
- Convert UTF-8 values to extended ASCII as Nextion doesn’t support them. Now we can use ° in our automations!
Home Assistant Automations
- Massive reduction in MQTT traffic with the help of the JSON capabilities listed above. Automations that triggered loads of published message now trigger far fewer.
- Snuck a ° in the weather automation. For demo purposes we’re using the Met.no component as it doesn’t require individual API keys. Sadly, it also doesn’t have a
unit_of_measurementattribute. For other weather providers, you’ll probably want to change the automation to read something like ``
- Minor change to indicate acceptable devicename characters to the user
ESP8266 Update Procedure
If you’re using the AutoFirmwareUpdate automation your devices should pull this update at 3:00am. Otherwise, log into the admin web page and you can pull the update from the firmware page.
Home Assistant Update Procedure
deployhasp.sh script to pull down the updated automations.
Links for more HASP info
- Main documentation page
- Buy HASwitchPlate PCBs - strongly recommended for safe assembly. Buy them from me or download the gerbers and send them to your favorite short-run PCB fab.
- Buy an assembled device ready to install if the build process seems intimidating
- HASwitchPlate Discord chat
- HASwitchPlate Reddit community