An enclosure for the TouchDRO DIY kit for glass scales.
Enclosure for the TouchDRO DIY kit for glass scales
This model provides an enclosure for the TouchDRO DIY kit for glass scales.
The awesome TouchDRO project now offers an inexpensive DIY kit you can assemble yourself. The kit doesn’t include an enclosure, so I created one that might work out for you.
- TouchDRO_DIY_enclosure_top Top half of the enclosure with inlaid text labels
- TouchDRO_DIY_enclosure_top_inlay Inlay text for two-color prints
- TouchDRO_DIY_enclosure_bottom Bottom half of the enclosure
- TouchDRO_DIY_enclosure_bottom_-_DDD_Wall_Control Bottom half of the enclosure for use with the DDD Printable Wall Control System
To complete this assembly you will also need the following:
- Print the top side and one of the two bottom half models. I’ve used Overture PETG with .20mm layers to good effect. No supports should be required if your printer is dialed in.
- Press-fit the 4x M4 nuts into the two halves of the enclosure.
- Mount the DB9 shells to the top enclosure with 8x 4-40 Jack Screws + nuts. Use some red LocTite to keep this secured.
- Place the top onto the enclosure and secure with 4x 35mm M4 socket-head screws
- For nice and readable text labels, print the TouchDRO DIY enclosure top inlay model in one color, leave that on your print bed, then print the rest of the top enclosure model over it.